Take a Peek Inside the New Amex Centurion Lounge at Charlotte Douglas International Airport
The Centurion Lounge network’s 11th location opened this Monday, February 24th at Charlotte Douglas International Airport
- “Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Enrollment may be required for select American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.”
One of the largest Centurion Lounges to date–spanning more than 13,000 square feet–is welcoming The Platinum Card® from American Express, Centurion® and Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card members with top of the line amenities and a premium dining menu curated by James Beard semifinalist and local Charlotte Chef, Joe Kindred.
Chef Joe Kindred brings his local flair to the food menu for Card Members to enjoy. Inspired by his memories growing up in North Carolina, the menu will include Buttermilk Fried Chicken with a fresh and tangy Carolina slaw, Grilled Cauliflower Steak topped with a pistou sauce, Milk Bread French Toast, and Country Ham Biscuits spread with a red eye sorghum butter to give travelers “a look into what they can experience in the evolving Charlotte restaurant scene,” shares Joe Kindred.
Access to The Centurion Lounge is complimentary and exclusive for Platinum Card, Centurion and Delta Reserve Card Members.
The Platinum Card® from American Express Members may enter with up to two travel companions at no additional charge and can purchase access to the lounge for additional guests for $50 each guest.
The new Charlotte Lounge’s premium amenities and services include:
- A complimentary full bar with custom cocktails created by renowned mixologist Jim Meehan and wines selected by wine authority, Anthony Giglio
- Shower suites to keep travelers refreshed while on the go
- Family rooms designed as a respite for parents and kids alike
- Floor-to-ceiling windows with sweeping airfield and downtown skyline views
- Dedicated workspaces, power outlets, private phone areas, comfortable seating and access to high-speed Wi-Fi
The American Express offers access to the most lounges compared to any U.S. credit card (more than 1,200 lounges around the world). The new lounge is located post-security on the top floor of the Charlotte Douglas airport’s newly expanded area called “The Plaza,” situated between Concourses D and E. As a Card Member, you can find lounge locations through the Find A Lounge tool online or within the American Express® App.