Amex has offered numerous new bonuses and perks to its members in the last two months: from 125,000 bonus offerings and $100 appreciation credit to adding new non-travel bonus categories and a complimentary Premium membership with a sleep and meditation app. This guide outlines all new Amex bonuses and perks that are temporarily added — due to the coronavirus and the fact that most people can’t make much use of their travel bonuses and perks.
New Amex Express Bonuses for All Personal Platinum
Amex Platinum card members will receive up to $320 in statement credits when they use their Platinum Card on select streaming and wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers. The credit break down below:
- Up to $20 per month credit for streaming services
- Up to $20 per month credit for wireless mobile services.
- Extra $200 credit for Amex Travel (Cards renewed between April 1st and Dec 31st 2020, valid from August 1st 2020 to Dec 31st 2021)
These benefits are being offered from May 1st until December 31st, 2020.
New Amex Express Bonuses for Business Platinum
- Up to $20 in statement credits for shipping purchases, including UPS, FedEx, USPS, and other courier, postal, and freight shipping services.
- Up to $20 in statement credits for wireless telephone charges
- Up to $200 in additional statement credits for purchases with Dell ($100 in additional statement credit between May and June 2020, and $100 in additional statement credits between July and December 2020). This Dell credit is in addition to the Dell credits you already receive.
New Amex Green Bonuses
Amex Green credit cardholders will receive up to $80 in statement credits when they use their Green Card to pay for wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers. The credit break down is as follows:
- Up to $10 in statement credits each month for eligible wireless telephone service charges starting this month and through the end of the year.
There are no new benefits or temporary benefits added to Amex Gold card members at this time. This could be due to the fact that it already has variety of non-travel perks, including 4 points per $1 spent at supermarkets, Seamless and GrubHub credits each month.
Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant
- Earn 6x Marriott Bonvoy points at U.S. supermarkets on up to $7,500 in eligible purchases through July 2020.
- Purchases made from June 1st through August 31st at U.S. restaurants, including takeout and delivery, will now count towards the $300 Marriott Bonvoy Statement Credit (required to be completed at Marriott properties before). This will help off set an annual fee.
New Amex Bonuses for All Hilton Cards
Bonus points earned through eligible purchases on all Hilton American Express cards, that post to the Card Member’s Hilton Honors account between May 1s through December 31, will be considered base points and will count towards Elite tier qualification and Lifetime Diamond Status.
Hilton Honors Surpass
- Now earn 12 points per $1 spent at U.S. supermarkets (6X points in addition to the standard 6 X points you normally earn) through July.
- Use Free weekend night awards on weekdays
- New certificates issued May 1st through December 31st will be valid for 24 months
Hilton Honors Aspire
- Earn 12x at supermarkets from May 1 – July 31.
- Purchases made from June 1st through August 31st at U.S. restaurants, including takeout and delivery will now count towards the $250 Hilton Statement Credit and will not be required to be completed at Hilton resorts.
New Amex Bonuses for Delta Cards
The line of Delta consumer co-branded credit cards will all get 4 Delta miles per every dollar spent at supermarkets for the next two months.
- Up to 75,000 miles and up to $200 in statement credits on the American Express Delta co-branded cards
Delta SkyMiles Reserve
American Express is sending out ‘Customer Appreciation Credits’ which post after you paid your annual fee
- Delta SkyMiles Reserve ($550 annual fee) – $100 statement credit after the card renewal annual fee hits.
- Delta SkyMiles Platinum ($250 annual fee) – $50 statement credit after the card renewal annual fee hits.
Amex Centurion Card (Black Card)
Amex Black card members can earn up to $2000 in statements credits after they use their Centurion card to make eligible travel purchases through Centurion Membership Services or AmexTravel, beginning in August of this year through 2021.
Amex is also sending annual fee ‘appreciation’ credit for most business cards like Delta, Marriott, Hilton, Platinum. Check out this article for more New Amex Offers; Remote Work Essentials for Businesses.