Freedom shoprite bonus
Email from Chase about the Freedom Shoprite bonus

I received an email this morning from Chase introducing a new promotion they are running, where they are allowing Freedom card holders to earn 10% back at Shoprite in October. Q4 5% earning categories for the Freedom card are Chase Pay, department stores and wholesale clubs. So you can get 5% when using Chase pay at Shoprite for the whole quarter. Ordinarily you wouldn’t be able to earn double cash back (5% for Chase pay and 5% for another category at the same time), Chase states this in their terms and conditions. But they seem to be allowing this with Shoprite on a limited amount of spending.


So for the whole month of October 2018, you can earn an extra 5% on top of the 5% category for a total of 10% when you use Chase Pay at Shoprite or on The bonus is limited to $400 worth of spending, so it is a total of $40 or 4000 UR points up for grabs.


Here is how Chase explains the benefit in the email:

“During the promotional period of October 01, 2018 to October 31, 2018, earn an extra 5% cash back on up to $400 in purchases at ShopRite when you check out with your Chase Freedom card using Chase Pay. The bonus cash back earned is in addition to the 5% cash back you earn on quarterly bonus categories for a total of 10% cash back. If you do not activate your bonus categories, or you have already made $1,500 in combined purchases for bonus categories this quarter, or you reach $1,500 in combined purchases during this promotional period, you will only earn a total of 6% cash back on up to $400 maximum when you check out using Chase Pay during the offer period.”


In addition to this new promotion remember you still have a set of quarterly categories that you can earn 5% back on, which are Chase Pay, wholesale clubs and department stores.

Chase Freedom 2018 categories
Chase Freedom quarterly categories for the whole of 2018


CODEC Stories:

Leave a Reply
You May Also Like

Donald Trump Credit Card Info Leaked Online

Over the weekend, various card numbers appeared online and are claimed to…

How to Downgrade Amex Credit Card to Save Annual Fees

Downgrading your Amex credit card to save on annual fees is a…

You Can Now Lock/Unlock Your Chase Credit Cards, Here’s How…

Chase has announced that now customers have the ability to lock their credit cards if they lose them, and unlock the cards again when found. Locking and unlocking can be done through or the company’s mobile app. According to chase locking a card will instantly block new purchases, cash advances and balance transfers, but will not interfere with recurring payments.